a little blog devoted to collecting vintage greeting cards


Pages

14 in 14 ♥fourteen days of vintage Valentines DAY 8 Flapper Comic


BLOG NOTE: THANK YOU to all who have been checking out the Valentine Blog series:)
my beautiful child had to be hospitalized this week (she is now on the road to recovery♥ YAY)
 sooooo ... I am a little behind on the postings....Bless you if you noticed :p
I will still get in all fourteen!! 
THANK YOU for your loving patience♥ jen

*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥*♥

14 in 14
14 days of vintage Valentines


 These humorous Valentines are 
undated and no maker is noted, although
they do say "made in US Am"
 I believe they're circa 1920s 
the flapper girls, clothing styles 
and slang (ie: kale=cash) are telling clues.

MY VALENTINE EXPERIMENT

if You should find me making love~~

to some girl on the street .....'Twill be to quite convince myself~~

 

that YOU are TWICE as SWEET




 HOW to LAND YOUR MAN
on books girls spend a lot of kale~~


to learn to snare the wily male~~but I depend upon my line


to hook YOU for MY VALENTINE

 BE MY VALENTINE 
IT'S DOCTOR'S ORDERS
my doctor said to shun all sweets ~~

it nearly overcame me ~~ but when I said I can't shun YOU
DOC SAID HE DIDN'T BLAME ME


SOME GUYS WILL FALL for ANY DAME
"The Girls are all alike," they claim





and some gals have the nerve to drawl "when you've seen one,you've seen 'em all"  ..........   Now all that talk is just BALONEY that ends in SCRAPS and ALIMONY!

but you were made for ME ~ and so JUST BE MY VALENTINE! LET'S GO!

 MY VALENTINE IS PERFECT




 ♥♥♥STAY TUNED for MORE VINTAGE VALENTINES!♥♥♥
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagerecycling

2 comments:

  1. I am glad your daughter is on the road to recovery! Love your valentines, and the music is great!
    Happy Valentines Day!
    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you CJ! your comments are much appreciated!
    Happy Valentine's Day! jen

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...