a little blog devoted to collecting vintage greeting cards


Pages

she sent back blue!


FROM A "BELLE" WHO LOVES YOU

If to me you will be true, 
Send me back my bow of blue.

If of me you sometimes think, 
Send me back my bow of pink.

If to me you will unite, 
Send me back my bow of white.

If you are another's beau, 
Send me back my bow like this

If to me your love is dead,
 Send me back my bow of red.  

September 1914
My dear friend Agnes, 
Hoping that you'll not take any offence and
 that I may expect an answer
I am Lovingly Yours, 
George E Duff

this 100 year old card is nearly as charming as 
the personal message of love on the backside
http://www.etsy.com/shop/vintagerecycling

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! I am glad Agnes sent blue back to George. A100 year old love story...too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. right? yay George! sorry for those that got back the green or RED bow!! yikes!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...